Sunday, December 11, 2011

Killing Two Birds With One Stone: My Trip to Salt Lake

I can remember since I was a little girl walking around the Salt Lake Temple, gazing up at the tall spires and dreaming of going inside, finding my Prince Charming and being married there. This past weekend I fulfilled part of that dream, unfortunately it wasn't the man of my dreams going inside with me but I guess you take what you can get. I had the opportunity to go inside the House of the Lord that my great great great great great grandfather dedicated, President Wilford Woodruff, and doing baptisms for the dead. It was one of the most amazing and spiritual experiences of my life. Elder C. Scott Grow.....Love his name (think about it for a minute and you'll figure out why it's funny)! Came and talked to us and I learned a ton from him about families and my role in this world, and he gave some great insight into finding that Prince Charming of mine out there ;) Who I hope is behaving himself ;) But some of the most fun and memorable moments of this trip was the car ride up there and the activities going on besides the temple. I can honestly say when you put five girls in one car you end up with a couple of things.....dancing in the car, singing Christmas music, man hunting (the most fun and my fav and a funny story behind that one), and eating junk food and getting away with it :) Haha I also fulfilled one of the items of my life of traveling 100 mph, and what was funny about it is that I didn't even know we were going that fast until someone told me so idk if that counted? I can honestly say I love every single one of those girls and now have one of the coolest relationships with them, which I couldn't have achieved anywhere else. ;) So we show up to our hotel and open our room and it was DIRTY!!!! it was gross! so we got a new one and in that room the TV was broken which was hilarious! The cute guy downstairs at the desk sure had his handsful and I felt sorry for the guy! We took a side trip to Chuck A Rama for dinner which ended up with full bellies, then a trip around Temple Square during Christmas time.....it takes two words to describe it BREATHE TAKING! Oh my word it was beautiful and the lights were amazing and the Spirit there was strong. We also went and saw the new and improved Joseph Smith Movie.....while we were waiting the Sister Missionaries just got out of a meeting and I can honestly say that if I have the opportunity to go on a Mission I'm TAKING IT! The testimonies of those women are nothing like I've ever known! Couple that with the movie and you have girls bawling their eyes out and guys trying to not cry and some crying anyway.....it was so moving.......I can honestly say I had a very fulfilling weekend and a much needed break, and I hope to be able to go back soon.......These are definitely things on my bucketlist that I would do again and will do again :)

1 comment:

  1. I was so sad I couldn't come. I have it on good authority that your car was the most entertaining. Ha! You are too cute.

    ReplyDelete