Sunday, November 20, 2011

Having a Sister is Like Having a Best Friend Around for Your Whole Life: Girls Night Out

I have the most amazing sisters, and everyday is filled with new adventures. To be honest a lot of the time I would rather be having a girls night out with these two wonderful little ladies than going on a date with a boy. So this weekend was definitely one of those days and oh boy did it NOT disappoint! It started off with making cupcakes! Something me and Malia have sorted gotten ourselves into. This time we made them with band aids AKA laffy taffy rolled out and shaped like band aids, I call then the non useable edible bandaids haha. We also invented a new frosting color and named it Smooth as Babies Bottoms! (if you didn't guess it was pink ;) ) So while we were frosting and rolling and decorating, I helped my little sister prepare a talk for church. I have never been so proud than I was when she delivered her message flawlessly :) makes me look forward to having my own children and helping them with their talks. Anyway getting ahead of myself a little. So we finally finished the cupcakes around 7:00 and delivered them a friend, of course we left some for ourselves to fuel ourselves. We danced and sang to songs like Holding Out for a Hero, I Will Love Again, Believe, just really good hopeful/bashing guy songs that we girls like to sing when boys are driving us crazy :). After we delivered the goodies the fun didn't stop there! We headed to the store and bought the infamous Velveeta cheese, good old processed cheese!Came home to sit down and watch Thumbelina.....I think me and my sisters fell in love, but sadly the prince was the size of our thumbs and taken so I guess we'll have to find our own Prince Cornelius some day ......huh sigh.....haha but what I found underlying beneath the plots and romantic love, was that you can't let other people influence you on how you see yourself. Thumbelina was either really happy with herself or thinking she was ugly and dumb......if there's one thing I learned from this small little person is that you have to FOLLOW YOUR HEART and believe that you can do anything and be anything. :) and yes someday my prince will come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment