Life is a gift...Every moment is precious, and tells a story. Many people create a bucketlist, or a list of things they would like to do in they're life...For me everyday is a bucketlist, sometimes planned other times it's a surprise, but whatever it is, I embrace it and make the most out of everyday. :)
Sunday, November 27, 2011
My Attempt at Being Spiderman: Rock Climbing!
Idk if you have ever watched the Spiderman movies, but I have and I have always dreamed of scaling the walls of a building and flying through the air, not so much the tight blue and red out fit but that's why it's only a dream. However I got a little taste of that dream this past weekend. Every friday night they have Ladies night at the Rec Center in Nampa where ladies get a free harness to go rock climbing. Soooooo I thought this would be a good time to try out being Spiderman and try my hand at scaling the wall....and oh boy did I have my work cut out for me! Haha sometimes there is quite a disadvantage at being 5'3" and a 1/2 haha and this was definitely one of those times....but divide and conquor I did :) I had an enjoyable time with my sister who is an AMAZING rock climber, (her strong forearms and hands from piano playing came in handy ;) ) haha, then afterwards we attempted to play raquetball.....actually we just hit the ball around and tried not to get hit....all in all fun times for all. If there's one thing I take away from this experience is that it is all mental! The minute you say you can't do it then you're body literally can't....I guess you can apply that to anything...So the next time I try my hand at rock climbing I'll come out on top....Literally! I'll let Spiderman stick to swinging on the web and I'll stay with the rope and harness ;) but I can always dream!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment